Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fitting The Pieces Together

Throughout these past weeks I have been learning a lot about learn theories and the way the mind works. To be completely honest its a lot to digest. It really has me thinking about how important learning processes are. My views on learning has changed completely. I always knew everyone learned differently but it never crossed my mind how complex  the learning process could be. There is not one learning theory that is the correct way to learn. Most people, myself included can take bits and pieces from multiple theories and make up our own unique learning process. I don't think one learning theory or style is for anyone.  For my own learning process I can draw from the behaviorist, cognitive, social learning, connectivism, and adult learning theories to create my learning process. From the behaviorism theory I can used modeling to encourage learning. In some subject like math, I learn by observing then trying to solve the problem exactly like I observed. In the cognitive theory, encoding, storage, and retrieval is my key to success. If I can master breaking down the material (encoding), storing it, and then retrieving its smooth sailing. I do this my making up songs or trying to relate the material to something in my everyday life, Social learning and adult learning can be linked together. I learn by posting and reading the discussions of my classmates. Through adult learning I can learn some what at my own pace and organize my learning according to my schedule. Finally, from the connectivism theory the use of networking is essential. Our networking system is our blogs and other educational blogs dealing with instructional design. As far as technology goes, technology is the building block of my learning. Without it I could not participate in online learning or do research. Through technology, I can record my information in PowerPoint or one note, I can do research, and create something as simple as this blog. What I have learned about learning theories and styles will help me as an instructional designer and a future teacher. I will be able to relate to all my students and design way to reach all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment